This week we started to feel like the house was getting finished. The doors inside were all hung, the trim was installed around them, and the tile floors were grouted. The drywall was also finally dry enough that we could start to prime and paint the walls. I always get excited about and then overwhelmed with painting, so it was great to have my mom and Chris there to make choices. Mom and I got most of the drywall primed, focusing on the two bathrooms, and when Chris came home he powered through the majority of the painting in one of the two bathrooms. I worked on the ceiling paint and got the first layer (of many) of that on. It is amazing how much paint can help a room feel finished.
The contractors have been promising for two weeks that the deck would get torn off and rebuilt on Tuesday of this week. On Tuesday they revised to Wednesday, and on Wednesday they revised to Thursday. Not sure how much more we can revise and still hit our deadlines.
As a positive, the railing on the front deck was finished. It is a little narrower than we had hoped and was intended, but it looks great and will definitely be functional.
You can also see some of the landscaping that my mom has been working on so hard all week. Chris chipped up a bunch of the branches from pasture clearing and we transplanted ferns from the woods for temporary plantings. My mom has been creating the walkway that we will use to reach the house on the East side, completing the steps that Chris and I put in two months ago.